What a strange week. Monday started by finding a fiver in a bush on my walk to work. Tuesday i found out that all my Nectar points training at work has finally come to fruition and i have amassed some 13,000 points which works out at about 64 squid. Wednesday i arrived home at the end of the day to find a Royal Mail 'So sorry we missed you' (no you're not) card when i have nothing ordered and nothing expected. Thursday i went to collect my prize at the Post Office to find that some nutjob in Mumbai, India had sent me a postcard via Postcrossing but had decided to spend 40 Rupees on it to send it by Recorded Delivery 'Just to make sure I got it'. Why would you take such a project so seriously? There are kids in sweatshops in Mumbai (I am sure) paid about 2 rupees a day. It all adds to the experience, i suppose. We didn't win the quiz on Thursday but we did get every question right in the second round, and lots of chox from Bryony, Keith and Allan's team who won an anagram.
I am looking forward to the proper start of Autumn when it feels icy cold and breath turns to vapour. Where i can justify buying some lovely items from Etsy.com. My top five Etsy items for this week are:
1. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=24439321 Black fingerless gloves with black ribbons
2. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=30848092 Limited Edition Magic Moss Bears Print
3. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=27822186 Knitted scarflette in brown and turquoise
4. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=30880940 Mummies and Vampires Halloween Chequers
5. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=30917512 Winter tree leather journal
Oh and Wispa Gold has returned on a Limited edition basis - Whooooooo!
I quite like the Yeah Yeah Yeah's Heads Will Roll, The Very Best's Warm Heart of Africa and Muse's United States of Eurasia (Shah, Shah, Shah!).