Tuesday 12 August 2014

WOYWW 271

Hello and welcome to another week of What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday, where we take a peek at other craft desks from around the world for inspiration.  You can join in here.

This week...

 I'm on annual leave this week and thank goodness, Mr. Mojo is staying with me!  It's been a while since I last saw him.  On my desk (In a fairly hushed tone) are 6 laser cut wooden stars being decorated for C*******s.  Sorry about that.  The spice rack at the back doesn't actually hold standard sized spice jars (how rubbish is that?!) and OH forgot to A.  Keep the receipt and B.  Remember to take it back within the allotted time, so now we're (I'm) stuck with it.  So I thought I'd turn it in a better jewellery stand that the one I've currently got.  There is also cider and chocolate.  Yum.
 I've made three toilet roll holders for each bathroom out of this fantastic nautical themed fabric.  I used interfacing but struggled with it in the sewing machine, so each one is slightly different from the last:  the first was too big, the second was slightly shorter than it should have been and the third has two rounded corners instead of right angles, but is just right in size.  How Goldilocks of me..
I'm about to start this longstitch I bought in a sale.  I'll make it for my wall.  I finished the robin longstitch we bought back from Grannies and I would show you, only I left it in the front room, which is currently being used as a den for four men playing an all nighter Risk board game and I just don't want to go in there.  You understand.

I hope you have all had a great week and look forward to getting around as many desks  I can while I have a chance to.  X

4 comments:

  1. Happy WOYWW Lucy, I'm hoping Mr MOJO catches up with me soon after a week away I'm itching to make a card or two. Your toilet roll holder looks great, nice long stitch too. Have a great week RobynO#39

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek...it's that word ;D
    I'm happy that Mr Mojo is staying with you. Mine has been off galavanting but he's returned too. Maybe they've been off somewhere together?
    I have trouble sewing on a button so I'm seriously impressed.
    Enjoy desk hopping Happy WOYWW
    Neesie #62

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha that'll teach you to go back to bed. I linked up between 6.15 -6.30 ish noit really awake so cannot remember. I'm sure you can find something to store in the spice rack .... choc choc maybe as it is already there.. I hope you are enjoying the loom band chronicles up dates he he
    janet #2 see you Monday.....we have a plan ready

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh busy busy, Lucy! Love your desk and all the things you are doing. The spice rack may not be any good for spices but it will be great for crafty purposes! I made one for Mum years ago, and when she moved in with us and no longer had room for it, I have got it back and it now houses all my Distress Stains - which fit perfectly! How's that for serendipity?

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi #40

    ReplyDelete